Please see below a fantastic movement course that gets you in touch with one’s own body. I am happy to promote the team that are running the course and if you are interested please contact Layla or Doe directly for registration onto the course.
Moving from Bones
with Layla Smith & Doe Warnes
An Introductory & Experiential Workshop to Moving From Deep Within
Saturday 14th July 2012
Suitable for body therapists, psychotherapists, dancers & anyone interested in discovering the human body
You will explore through movement:
- The aliveness of bone tissue
- How our inner architecture & outer environment connect
- Introduction to some aspects of Laban Movement Analysis (a method of describing the way in which we move)
- Basic anatomy & physiology theory of the skeleton & bone
- Times: 10:00 – 5pm Fee: £65
Venue: London School of Capoeira, Tollington Park, N4 3RF
For booking details call 01992 300974 or 0207 354 0927
- Layla Smith : Dance Movement Psychotherapist (DMP), Certified Movement Analyst (CMA) and teacher (DTLLS). Layla began as a dancer and has taught Laban Movement Analysis, creative movement, Wheelchair Dance in Ballroom/Latin. Currently works as a DMP in acute mental health and adults with physical disabilities.
Doe Warnes: Dance Movement Psychotherapist (DMP), EXTEND teacher, (Movement for elderly and less mobile of all ages) and MRSS Shiatsu practitioner/teacher. Doe teaches holistic anatomy and physiology to a range of people with different bodywork disciplines. She is currently teaching the ‘Experiential anatomy’ module on the DMP MA at Roehampton University.